1) Anniston Museum of Natural History – Dinosaurs, African elephants and other wonders of the natural world all under one roof! Must stop in Anniston, AL for all kids young or old.
2) Old Alabama Town of Montgomery displays the magnificent collection of well-restored 19th and early 20th century structures in the heart of Montgomery. Don’t miss the Saturday Jam Session for top-draw home-grown sweet music.
3) U.S. Huntsville Space Center is proof positive that Alabama still counts when it comes to cutting-edge science and space exploration. Join a tour and marvel at the best of 21st century technology.
4) The Rosa Parks Museum is a historic landmark of monumental importance as it keeps alive the memory of one brave American who sparked off the civil rights movement by her civic courage and peaceful resistance.
5) Alabama Music Hall of Fame welcomes all music lovers from around the world with open arms! The exhibit halls, frequent concerts and Walk of Fame are perfect for long-lasting memories.
6) The Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic at Point Mallard Park in Decatur is a colorful outdoors event marveled at by scores of spectators every Memorial Day weekend. Multi-color hot-air balloons dot the sky for the whole the family’s enjoyment. Perfect event for kids.
7) Cathedral Caverns near Grant, Alabama is for all bat and adventure lovers! Once you step into the darkness of these underground caverns you are transported to a different time and reality with its own eerie splendor and silent beauty. The best collection of awe-inspiring stalagmites and stalactites in the region.